Monday, September 8, 2008

As stated in my earlier post my computer is dead....3,000$ paper weight... As one would imagine I spend much less time in my room than I once did. A good amount of that time is spent in the library for the use of the computer. Having lost the use of my computer has shown me how much I have grown to depend on it. I have spent 95% of my class time behind my computer. All notes, papers, and tasks were done on the computer... an inanimate object I find myself truly lost without.... But wait is it really so inanimate?? "lacking consciousness or power of motion" how can a definition stand for such a strong OR.... Consciousness and motion are two completely differently issues. My Mac definitely has overcome motion... This whole self-awareness thing is a bit more of a stretch.... it's able to tell me if it is a sleep or awake, is that not a stated consciousness? Wow.... I think this blogging thing is getting to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does consciousness have to be stated?
What about people in a coma/vegetables? True, they are unconscious, but where does humanity tie in with consciousness?